Tour Codes of Conduct
To ensure your safe, enjoyable, and memorable trip, here are a few codes of conduct that you should adhere to while being on the tour:
- Remember that safety is in numbers, meaning always go and be in groups (two or more persons)
- Never leave the organized events, parties, and optional activities alone
- Always go with a friend in a taxi, bus or any type of public transportation, even when going to the restrooms
- If you lose your friend, please locate your chaperon and/or tour leader to accompany you home
- Always carry your hotel card (with the other key tour information) and hotel wristband for ease of identification and your safety
- Feel free to use the emergency phone number in case of an emergency
Events and Activities
- Attend all the organized events, parties, and optional activities. Your chaperons and tour leader(s) are there to help you to enjoy your trip and have fun.
- Review your detailed tour itinerary to know more about your chaperon and tour leader (including their contact information), in addition to tour events
- Drink responsibly if and when you decide to drink
- Understand your limit
- Bear in mind the time and amount of drinks per hour you consume. Also, depending on your age, destination, and event, your designated tour leader and/or chaperon may limit your drink, and/or prevent you from drinking
- Depending on your age, destination, and event, we may decide on what type of alcohol (light beer, beer, wine, or liquor shots) you can drink
- Refuse taking drinks from strangers
- Never carry open containers of alcohol in the street or public places
Smoking and Drugs
- Depending on your tour, we may apply smoking restriction or strict rules on how you can smoke.
- We reserve the right to cancel your tour if we have reasons to believe that you have used, sold, or bought drugs, since drugs are illegal in every country, and such laws are strictly enforced.
Beach/ Pools Policies
- No swimming is allowed at night
- When using the pool, make sure you read and understand the policies set forth by the pool staffs and/or all signs or posting marks, including diving signs.
- Swim at your own risk when a lifeguard is not on duty on the beaches or pools
- Read, understand, and follow any flags, or posting markers on the beach which are used to warn you about dangerous tides, harsh water conditions, or any other warning related to your swimming in beaches.
Bus and Taxis
- Consult with your chaperon and/or tour leader on how to find the cheapest, easiest, and most reliable form of transportation on your specific destination
- Make sure to only use licensed taxis, also negotiate the fare before getting on the taxi and travel with a friend AT ALL TIMES
- No glass bottles or containers on the motor coaches
- No flash picture to be taken on the coach buses while they are in motion at night
- Except for emergency cases, do not use motor coach restrooms
- Know your coach bus number and the length of your bus rest stops, and where to meet the group
- Always stay on schedule. It is better to have a watch to maintain punctuality
- Never rent motorized vehicles
- Respect all citizens of the country you are visiting
- Drink bottled water
- Put on your sun block at all times
- Tip 15-20% on all bills
- Bear in mind to purchase calling cards to call home
- Do not travel or go far away from your event place and/or hotel without permission of your designated tour leader and/or chaperon
- On checking your hotel room, report any damages immediately to your chaperons and/or hotel staffs
- Do not crowd on the balconies of the hotel
- Put any valuable in a hotel safety deposit box
- Do not damage any hotel property, including (without limitation) your room
- Lock your hotel room and balcony door AT ALL TIMES, whether you are in the room or not.
- Keep your decibel down while being in the hotel
- It is better not to call from your hotel phone
- Bring along and review your detailed tour itinerary for more information about events, trip locations, your chaperon and/or tour leader contact information, and key things to keep in mind while being on the tour
Note that foregoing Codes of Conduct may be added, increased, altered, and/or modified at our sole discretion with/without prior notice from time to time
Flexible Payments Policies
- To make our low tour prices more affordable, we offer Flexible Payment options for all Above Zest tours except VIP ones. The total tour price may be a combination of Tour Fee and trip supplements that you may add while purchasing your ticket. Keep in mind that you should buy your tour ticket at least 3 months in advance of your tour date to take advantage of the following flexible payment options:
High-school students (14-18 years of age) can pay 20% of the Tour Fee upfront, followed by four installments. Each covers 20% of the Tour Fee and are due in two-week intervals from the purchasing date.
College students (18-23 years of age) can pay 40% of Tour Fee upfront, followed by four installments. Each covers 15% of the Tour Fee and are due in two-week intervals from the purchasing date.
Adults (23-30 years of age) can pay 50% of Tour Fee upfront, followed by two installments. Each covers 25% of the Tour Fee and are due in four-week intervals from the purchasing date.
Flexible Payment Terms
All payment due dates refer to the dates on which each payment should be received by us. Please indicate the participant’s name, email, and transaction order number on all check payments.
If you decide to pay your due payments by checking account or a credit card, please verify that there are enough funds available for your due payments. A non-refundable $35 fee will be considered each time a checking account is returned due to insufficient funds, or if a check is labeled as stop-payment order. A non-refundable $20 fee shall be assessed each time a credit card or debit card is declined.
If you decide to pay your due payments by credit card, you can provide us with a back-up credit card to protect your tour ticket against cancelation. No fee for the first card decline will be assessed if the back-up card is approved.
By paying your upfront payment under foregoing Flexible Payment plans, you accept and agree to pay the other due payments on time. Otherwise, WE SHALL CANCEL YOUR TOUR TICKET IF YOU FAIL TO PAY YOUR DUE PAYMENTS WITHIN FOUR DAYS FROM ITS DUE DATE.
Any tour items or payments outside of due payments, such as baggage handling fees and/or taxes imposed by airline(s), that are added or removed will only be reflected in your last payment.
All group travelers who buy their tour ticket at least 3 months in advance shall be entitled to foregoing Flexible Payment Terms. In particular, each group member is responsible for his/her upfront and due payments, unless specifically agreed otherwise.
All tour participants under More4Less package are subject to foregoing Flexible Terms. However, each More4Less package has its own Flexible Payment options, so go to More4Less for details.
We reserve the right to modify, discontinue, add or revise our Flexible Payment options and Terms and/or refuse entitling a tour participant to our Flexible Payment options at our sole discretion.
Ticket Replacement Policies (Only VIP)
All VIP ticket holders can replace their trip with another trip by submitting a ticket replacement form online at least 40 days prior to your tour date. Upon approval of your ticket replacement request, we will charge you 20% of your Tour Fee as processing fee. Depending on the new Tour Fee, we may refund you, or we may charge your account. Please note that we do NOT refund any trip supplements that you bought for your initial trip. After we successfully replaced your ticket, we will issue you a new ticket and keep you posted via email.
Ticket Replacement Terms
The new tour ticket shall be based on the current date price. Should you select a new non-VIP ticket, you have to pay the entire new tour fee upfront, and you can not use a Flexible Payment plan.
Each group member under our group travel option is responsible for his/her ticket replacement, and is subject to herein ticket replacement terms, unless specifically agreed otherwise.
No ticket replacement is permitted under our More4Less service.
All payments made toward your initial and/or new ticket trip supplements or trip extra services are not refundable.
We reserve the right to change, modify, increase, and/or discontinue our ticket replacement policy at our sole discretion.
Deposit Transfer Policies
- As our commitment to flexible cancellation policies, we allow all tour participants to transfer their tour deposit (or upfront payments) to another eligible trip (the same group age). To be entitled to our deposit transfer service, you must contact us via phone at least 45 days prior to your tour date. Upon approval of your deposit transfer, you may require to pay for your new trip deposit.
Deposit Transfer Terms
The deposit transfer date or 'Transfer Date' is a date on which we approve your request; however, the new trip date should be at least 50 days prior to your Transfer Date.
You can transfer multiple deposits to a new trip but the total of transferrable deposits should be lower than the new trip total fee including any trip supplements.
We reserve the right to change, modify, increase, and/or discontinue our deposit transfer policy at our sole discretion.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
If you are unable to accompany us in your journey, we would be happy to cancel your tour ticket and/or place you on another Above Zest tour (only for VIP). The following table shows the amount of refund (based on percentage of Tour Fee minus Tour Deposit) applicable to each cancellation date for both full-payment and Flexible payment.
|Cancellation received (time before tour date)|
|Above 90 days||60-90 days||40-60 days||Within 40 days|
|Full Payment||Deposit Transfer||Deposit Transfer||Deposit Transfer||No refund|
|Flexible Payment||Full Refund*||70%*||40%*||No refund|
A traveler can buy his/her tour ticket in full payment at least 40 days prior to the tour date upon ticket availability.
The amount of refund for the Flexible Payment cancellers will be based on the accumulated amount of your payments to the cancellation date minus the upfront payment and it excludes any payment(s) made toward the trip supplements or optional activities. For example, if you buy your tour ticket on Feb 1, and cancel your ticket 60 days before the tour date (on March 1), we calculate the total amount of your payment toward the tour fee from Feb 1 to March 1, 2011, and we will refund you 40% of your total payments minus your tour upfront payment.
The date of cancellation shall be determined by the date on which we receive your signed and completed Cancellations and Refunds form.
Notice of cancellation shall only be accepted from the participant, his or her legal guardian, or the group leader. Also, cancellation refunds can only be made payable to the person whose name is on the account. Payments can not be transferred to another person or account.
Any trip supplements or optional tour services including but not limited to single room occupancy, flight tickets that you purchase for your trip are NOT refundable.
All unconfirmed Open Orders should be confirmed at least 3 months in advance of their tour date. Otherwise, they will automatically be cancelled.
Each group member under our group travel option is responsible for his/her ticket cancellation and is subject to the foregoing Cancellation Terms, unless specifically agreed otherwise.
Our More4Less packages have different ticket cancellation terms in place, so check your individual More4Less package for details
Tour Operator, Above Zest, or collectively “we” do our best effort to organize the tour at the exact tour dates and specifications detailed in your itinerary. However, in the event that the tour was cancelled or rescheduled by one of our affiliated parties including, without limitation, airline, hotel, and ground transportation or other reasons beyond our control, such as, but not limited to, hazardous weather, earthquake, hurricane, flood, or acts of terrorists, we will cancel or reschedule the tour to the best available time. We reserve the right to take any necessary actions to ensure your safe and enjoyable trip by rescheduling or cancelling the tour, and inform you, as beforehand, as practically possible. Should we reschedule the tour, and you can not fit the new tour date in on your calendar, we will refund you 70% of your total amount of payments. Also, in case of cancelations with or without foregoing reasons, we will refund you 90% of your total amount of payments.
On receiving your completed Cancellation form (online for the VIP trip and/or mail/fax for regular trips) or any refund claims, we will process them and notify you through email, on approval or decline of your request. Refunds shall be issued in the name which is on our account. All refund checks will be made payable through a company check and will be mailed 2-3 weeks after the request approval. There will be a non-refundable $30 stop-payment fee for all lost refund checks.
We reserve the right to change, modify, and update our cancellation and refund policy at our sole discretion.