Tour Terms & Tour Agreement
These Tour Terms are valid for all Above Zest tours through January 30, 2019.
All tours are operated by Above Zest (“we”, “us”, “our” or collectively “Operator”, a subsidiary of WEG2G, LLC).
A) Tour Profile
What does the Tour Fee include?
• Accommodations in comfortable, clean, and safe hotels, with bathrooms
• An Operator Tour Director available 24 hours a day from your tour departure date.
• Daily breakfast and dinner for some destinations
• Comprehensive tour activities including, without limitation: sight-seeing, swimming in clean, safe, and cozy beaches, hiking, mountain climbing, adventure trips, history exploration, cultural reciprocity, educational trips, and many more.
• Airport transfers and ground transportation between destination cities
• Support from the Operator representatives abroad
• 24-hour inclusive emergency service
• Online tour photo gallery and tour content page
• Eligibility for discounts on other Above Zest tours
Note that we may offer many luxury and exclusive services beyond foregoing only to our VIP tour participants.
What’s not covered by the Tour Fee?
• Beverages and lunches (except where specified)
• Optional excursions and extra activities in the itinerary
• Business and first class flight seats and/or charter flights
• Transportation to free-time activities
• Round-trip airfare
• Customary gratuities (for your tour leader, tour director, local guide, and coach driver)
• Surcharges because of changes in currency exchange rate
• Departure fees (which are subject to changes beyond our control)
• Any applicable baggage-handling fees or taxes imposed by the airlines
• Expenses caused by airline cancellations, rescheduling or delays caused by the airlines, bad weather or events beyond our control.
• Travel Insurance Plan
• Passport and visa fees (if applicable)
• Professional videography and photography on tour
How are departure fees and surcharges calculated? Departure fees and surcharges are dictated by airlines and governmental agencies. They claim such things as federal or foreign government imposed landing fees, security fees, and energy/fuel increases. These fees and charges are calculated by us on an average basis of similar itineraries. The operator assesses these fees, as new information is made available, and then, updates accounts and invoices accordingly. Your online account and initial invoices received upon your upfront payment may change to incorporate any anticipated departure fees/surcharges. In the event that airlines or other affiliated agencies change their fee structure to include surcharges as part of the base fee rather than as an add-on cost. We reserve the right to adjust accounts and invoices accordingly.
How are currency fluctuation surcharges calculated? Prices are based on foreign exchange rates current as of Total Tour Price estimation and are subject to surcharge if and as exchange rates fluctuate. However, the maximum amount of such surcharges shall not exceed $100 per person per departure.
B) Scheduled Trip Operation
How does the scheduled trip operate? We believe that all students should have the opportunity to explore the world, which means we put our hearts and minds to maintain the lowest Tour Fees in the industry without sacrificing quality. To that end, we organize and coordinate large scale groups to harness the group synergies. For instance, due to a large number of people on our tours, we may be able to book a whole airplane, where all the participants have more fun, seat flexibility, and in-flight conveniences. Our large scale tours allow participants to meet and make new friends, mostly local and from the same age category. To ensure quality service and lowest possible prices, we set the tour dates, and itineraries elicited from our experts and experienced tour planners. Then, we promote it until we fill all our spots. We shall follow-up with all tour participants regarding our specific tour brochure, face-to-face meeting, and oral presentation. During our meeting and oral presentation held a few weeks before departure dates, participants have a chance to ask their questions, and/or meet their tour leaders and other travelers.
What else do I need to know about my itinerary? Based on our travel dates, there may be incidences where we have to modify your itinerary. Sometimes this includes changing the order in which cities are visited, altering your length of stay in a city or country, or using an alternate airport. On specific days, especially holidays, some tour inclusions may be unavailable. In such cases, we may have to replace different inclusions.
Can I be on a waitlist if my tour is full? Due to our affordable prices, and well-crafted itineraries, you may not be able to find the tour ticket a few weeks after the tour announcement. Although we do not offer any waitlist, you can locate tour tickets via our Ticket Mall service, available on our website.
So feel free to put your name on the waitlist if a tour is full. For more details, make sure to read our Tour Policies thoroughly.C) Discount Options
To enhance the quality of our tour services and include more affordability, we offer the following discount options:
-Advance Booking: all travelers who buy their tour ticket at least three months in advance of their tour date receive our Advance Booking discount. Go to Advance Booking for more details
-Group Travelers: we encourage all group travelers (two persons and more) to buy their tour ticket in groups to receive our Group Travelers discount. If your group books their ticket early enough, you may receive big discount per tour ticket. Go to Group Travelers for details
-More4Less: the More4Less service simply allows travelers to visit many more destinations at a lower price. Go to More4Less to find out more
-Promotion Code: some of our tour tickets are promoted or advertised by local promoters and/or our affiliated companies where they might give away promotion codes for a specific tour. On entering a valid code while buying your tour ticket, you will receive our Promotion Code discount.
-Free Services: Most of our tours are accompanied by many free services and/or products offered or given to our tour participants prior to, on and after the tour. Read your individual tour itinerary page to find out more
D) Booking Options:
-Flexible Payment Options: to make our low tour prices more affordable, we allow all tour participants (except the VIP) to buy tour tickets and pay in multiple installments (up to 5). To be qualified for this option, you must buy your tour ticket at least three months in advance of your tour date. Go to Tour Policies for details
-Open Order: under open order, we allow you to put (and save) your interested tour in your basket and buy it later on. Go to Open Order for details
-Full Payment: all tour tickets can be purchased in full payment only if the purchase is made at least 40 days prior to the tour date.
Can I purchase insurance through the Operator? We strongly advise all participants on purchasing travel insurance, especially if they plan to travel outside the United State. You can add comprehensive insurance plan to your basket while buying your tour ticket. For more details, please look at the last question of Other Terms (section L of this Tour Terms). All travel insurances are non-refundable.
F) Flight information
Since all our tours are organized in large-scale groups, we may be able to book a whole aircraft or a charter airplane from top airlines, like US Airways, Delta, Continental, American Airline, and others, or even private commercial companies. Depending on the tour, you may experience a one-stop flight (mostly for airplane fueling). Also, we do our best effort to provide you with flexible seat assignments, while not sacrificing the quality of in-flight service, flight safety, and your overall flight conveniences. Our specific contracts with airlines or charter companies do not allow upgrades, stop-overs, or the accrual of frequent flier miles.
Should I follow-through all the steps of my itinerary? To ensure quality service and your safety, you must follow-through all rules, itineraries, and plans. Only our staff, like tour directors or tour leaders, at their sole discretion, can let you stay ahead or behind your itinerary, or choose to opt-out from a particular event, plan, activity, or effort. Likewise, our foregoing staffs reserve the right to alter, extend, shorten your trip, itinerary, activities, and efforts, to maintain your safe, enjoyable, and quality trip. Lastly, if you do not travel on a part of your flights, the remaining parts will be cancelled. You will be responsible for purchasing a new ticket in addition to any service fees charged by the airlines.
Should I expect any delays in my flight? We and our contracted airline companies do our best effort to ensure your on-time flight. However, the Operator is not responsible for the airline schedule changes, or mechanical, weather, or other unexpected delays beyond our control.
G) Passport and Visa
Each tour participant must obtain a passport and any applicable visas for his or her tour, prior to departure. Failure to provide the required travel documents on time shall be deemed as your tour cancellation, and will be treated according to our Cancellations and Refunds policies. Make sure your passports are valid for at least six months, after your tour ends. Non-U.S. citizens are required to contact the embassy or consulate of their destination countries to ensure they meet specific entry requirements. Bear in mind to check your itinerary carefully for all countries that you will set foot or pass through, including transfers between airports in foreign countries, and re-entry into the United States. Go to the U.S. Department of State at travel.state.gov for further information.
The Operator manages final rooming assignments for all travelers. While purchasing your tour tickets, you can choose your preferred roommate(s) with whom you will share the room. Before indicating your ideal roommate name(s) for a tour, please verify that they are coming to the tour.
How many students are in a room? Students will room in triples or quads with their preferred chosen roommate(s). Although we do our best efforts to fill your room with your ideal roommate choice, we do not guarantee you’ll stay overnight with your preferred roommates. Nor do we take any responsibility or liability for our failure to match you up with your ideal roommate name(s). Also, all high-school students are required to stay with the same gender roommates. Our contracted rooms may contain two double beds (beds for two people), and two students are expected to share each bed.
Can students have a twin room? While purchasing your tour ticket(s), you may be able to add a twin room (a hotel room with two single beds or a king bed) in your order basket for an extra charge.
How are adults roomed? Adults are placed in twin rooms (a hotel room with two beds or a king bed) with another preferred adult roommate. In addition, adults can choose a double bed option with three other (preferred) roommates or a single room with an additional charge. Please note that we do not offer any single rooms for our tour to Africa.
L) Other Terms
The terms and provisions of these Tour Terms replace any other warranties, representations, terms or conditions, unless they are explicitly stated within a Tour Terms Addendum or in a letter signed by an Operator staff. Prices are subject to change.
What are the official start and end dates of my tour? Each tour starts with the take-off from the departure airport, and ends when the flight lands at the return airport. The official length of our tours do not reflect stay-ahead or stay-behind option periods when participants are not accompanied by a Tour Director and/or tour leader.
What happens if we have to cancel a tour? The Operator may cancel any tour for events beyond its control, including without limitation, instability in a destination country, acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities, signs of violence, public health issues or quarantine, very high currency fluctuations, strikes, government restrictions, fire or harsh weather conditions, which make it impossible, or commercially unreasonable in the opinion of the Operator to conduct the tour. Under any cancellations and/or tour date rescheduling made by the Operator due to foregoing reasons, the participants shall receive refunds based on our Cancellations and Refunds policies available on our Tour Policies. So make sure to read our Tour Policies thoroughly for details. Cancellation by the Operator for foregoing causes shall not be a violation of its obligations to any participant.
What about lost belongings? We are not responsible for the loss of passports, tour tickets, airline tickets or other documents, or for the loss of or damage to luggage or any other passenger belongings. In the case of a lost airline ticket, the traveler is solely responsible for meeting the airline’s requirements (both logistical and financial) for ticket replacement.
Are tour supplements refundable and/or transferable to another person? We may add days or more destinations to your normal itinerary and/or offer other extra activities on your tour. ON BOOKING YOUR TOUR TICKETS, YOU CAN CHOOSE YOUR INTERESTED TOUR SUPPLEMENTS, YET ALL TOUR SUPPLEMENTS INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FLIGHT TICKETS, SINGLE ROOM OCCUPANCY, HEALTH INSURANCE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. However, if you decide to transfer your tour ticket to another person, you may be able to transfer your tour supplements as well.
What does my insurance include? Our comprehensive yet affordable travel insurance plan covers following three items:
1. Medical and accident insurance, for hospital bills, doctors’ fee, prescription, medical transportation, and many more.
2. Baggage and property insurance during your tour
3. 24 hour emergency assistance, for assistance and handling of claims
We highly suggest for you to buy a travel insurance plan for our tours outside the United States. A detailed insurance plan and coverage shall be included in your tour brochure, and will be sent to you at least 30 days prior to the tour date. Also, you should buy a separate insurance plan if you want to include other insurance items, like flight delay and tour cancellation, or interruption insurance. All insurance charges are non-refundable.
Tour AgreementI (or parent or legal guardian if participant is under 18) am a participant for the Above Zest ( a subsidiary of WEG2G, LLC) tour program. By buying Above Zest (“our”, “we”, “us” or collectively “Operator”) tour ticket(s) through www.AboveZest.com or www.weg2g.com , I understand, agree with, and adhere to following terms and provisions:
1. I understand and agree that my tour is operated by Above Zest, or Operator company, a subsidiary of WEG2G, LLC.
2. I understand that my tour starts with the takeoff from the Operator departure airport and ends upon completion of the flight back to the Operator airport or otherwise, specified in the trip itinerary. I also understand and acknowledge that international travel involves certain risks to personal health, safety, and property. Most of the foreign countries do not have the safety and health standards that are present in the United States. I am willing to accept all associated risks and understand that the Operator cannot guarantee the health and safety of the participants in a foreign trip, or remove the risk from a foreign environment.
3. I agree to release and hold harmless the Operator and its parent (WEG2G, LLC), other subsidiaries of WEG2G, its affiliates, officers, employees, managers, directors, shareholders, and agents of Operator, as well as the Operator itself, and my school, my school board and group leader or director (the “Released Parties”) from, and agree not to take any legal action against the Released Parties for, any and all claims, demands, actions, lawsuits, settlements, judgments, damages, losses, costs, and expenses of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys’ fees) related to or arising out of any and all personal injury, death, bodily injury, mental anguish, emotional distress, physical, property, or other damage that I may suffer from any cause or reason whatsoever, related in any way to my participation in any Operator tours. I also agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all acts of God, war (whether declared or undeclared), terrorist activities or threats of terrorist activities, instability in a destination country, signs of violence, public health issues or quarantine or threats of public health issues, very high currency fluctuations, strikes, government restrictions, fire or harsh weather conditions that make it impossible or commercially unreasonable at our opinion to conduct the tour, or the acts or removals of any other agents over which the Released Parties have no direct or indirect control, including, but not limited to: airlines, railways, bus companies, hotels, shipping companies, guides, and sub-contracted agents or tour operators. I understand and acknowledge that the Operator does not own or possess any entity that renders goods or services on my tour. I also release any tour directors, bus drivers or other individuals engaged in my tour. This release also applies to activities not offered by the Operator that may be considered risky.
4. I understand and acknowledge that the air carrier’s liability for loss of or damage to baggage or property, or for death or injury to person, is limited by their tariffs or the Warsaw Convention, or both.
5. I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE OPERATOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ME WHEN I AM ABSENT OR AWAY FROM THE OPERATOR-SUPERVISED ACTIVITIES OR FOR NON-OPERATOR SUPERVISED OR MONITORED ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION: MY CONDUCT INSIDE/OUTSIDE HOTEL ROOMS, PUBLIC PLACES, LIKE BEACHES WITH MY FRIENDS, OTHER PARTICIPANTS, STRANGERS, OR VISITS TO FRIENDS OR RELATIVES, OR DURING STAY-AHEAD/STAY-BEHIND OPTION PERIODS IF THE STAY-AHEAD/STAYBEHIND PERIOD DOES NOT INCLUDE THE SERVICES OF AN OPERATOR TOUR DIRECTOR.
6. I understand and agree that at the Operator’s sole discretion, the Operator may refuse or cancel my tour ticket or registration made through the Operator website. In such of an event, our Cancellations and Refunds policies shall be applied.
7. I agree to adhere to the Operator’s regulations and the directions of my group leader, my tour director or Operator’s personnel during my tour. Regulations include, WITHOUT LIMITATION: Operator’s Codes of Conduct, such as the prohibition of hitchhiking, the driving or renting of any motor vehicle, or acting in such a way that puts other participants health and well-being at risk. Failure to do so may result in the Operator terminating me from the tour immediately. I understand and acknowledge that to disobey such rules or directions is to waive the right to a refund of any part of my Total Tour Price, and that the Operator may then send me home at my own expense.
8. I agree to adhere to all local laws when abroad, including those concerning drugs and alcohol. Minors must have parents’ or legal guardian’s permission to use alcohol even if the local law would otherwise permit them to. If parental permission to use alcohol has been granted, minors may only drink beer and wine (no hard liquor), and must be in the presence of the tour leader and/or tour director. I understand that if I abuse or disregard such laws, even unintentionally, I waive my right to a refund of any part of the Total Tour Price, and the Operator may send me home at my own expense. I further understand that should local authorities be involved, I will be subject to the laws of the country I am visiting.
9. I understand and agree that if I become ill or incapacitated, the Operator and its employees, or my group leader, may take any necessary action for the sake of my safety and well-being, including securing medical treatment (at my own expense) and transporting me home. The Operator reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to contact the participant’s parent(s) and/or legal guardian with respect to health issues, or any matter whatsoever that relates to the participant’s tour. These rights surpass any and all privacy regulations that may apply. In the event of a medical emergency, the Operator will make enough effort to cause appropriate treatment to be administered, and the participant authorizes the Operator to do so. However, the Operator makes no warranty that it will be able to cause effective (or any) emergency treatment to be administered.
10. I understand and agree that the Operator has the right to alter, extend, and/or shorten itineraries, tour plans or activities and departure dates, and to modify transportation arrangements, including the use of substitute airlines. In the event of such changes, refunds will be given only in accordance with the provisions of our Tour Policies and Tour Terms.
11. I understand and agree that prices are subject to unforeseen surcharges or price increases which, if imposed by airlines or other parties, will be separately billed.
12. I understand that by buying tour ticket(s) or registering with the Operator tour services, I have made the choice to travel with the tour director, tour leaders, and the other tour organizers who will perform or guide my tour on behalf of the Operator. I understand and agree that my designated tour leader(s), tour supervisor(s) and/or tour director(s) are able to make decisions on my behalf, including, without limitation: altering, improving, extending, or shortening activities, efforts, or plans elaborated in my itineraries. I understand and agree that a tour leader and/or tour supervisor must accompany me on the tour. I agree and understand that in the event that my tour leader(s) or supervisor(s) were changed, replaced, or reassigned by the Operator, I will accept him or her and abide by his/her guidance and direction while I’m on the tour.
13. I understand and agree that it is my responsibility to secure the necessary travel documents (passport and visa(s)) unless specifically arranged by the Operator. Failure to do so may not entitle me to a refund (see Tour Policies for details)
14. I understand and agree that I shall be required to pay for any phone calls or incidental personal expenses, or even requests for other room and/or hotel services not covered by the Operator that I incur at the hotels, as well as for any damage I cause to the hotel rooms, buses or other property.
15. I understand that the Operator offers tours relevant to my age category, and any tour efforts, activities, programs included in my itinerary are designed and crafted to my age category and needs.
17. I understand and agree that this Agreement shall be governed in all respects, and performance hereunder shall be judged, by the laws of the state of Maryland. In the event of any claim, dispute or proceeding arising out of or related to my relationship with the Operator , or any claim which in contract, tort, or otherwise at law, or in equity arises between the Released Parties, whether or not pertinent to this Agreement, the parties submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of the Commonwealth of Maryland, and of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
As always, purchasing your tour ticket from the Operator website (www.AboveZest.com or www.weg2g.com ) shall be deemed as your acceptance and acknowledgement of the content of foregoing Agreement.